Terms and Conditions
Spice Fest Facebook and Instragram Competition
Sydney Markets Limited collects your personal information (name, date of birth, address, contact numbers and email) via Facebook and Instragram when you enter this promotion for the purposes of your entry into the promotion.
If we do not collect your personal information via Facebook and Instragram, you will not be able to submit a valid entry into the promotion or claim your prize. We may disclose this personal information to third parties, including local lottery authorities, for the sole purpose of processing and conducting this promotion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
- Entry is open to residents of New South Wales/Australia who are 18 years and over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
- The competition commences at during the Paddy’s Markets Spice Festival. The Spice Festival will be held across four (4) days: claimants can enter between 10:00 AEST and 16:30 AEST on 12/05/2017 and 19/05/2017, and between 09:00 AEST and 18:00 AEST on 14/05/2017 and 21/05/2017 (“Competition Period”).
- To enter, participants must do the following during the Competition Period:
- be a ‘Friends of Paddy’s’ member;
- be a current Facebook or Instragram subscriber; and
- post a photo during the Competition Period at Paddy’s Market Haymarket or Flemington using the hash tag, #paddysspicefest.
- Limit applies of one (1) entry per person.
- This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on creativity and originality. The best four (4) entries, as determined by the judges, will each receive a prize.
- Judging will take place at 13.00 EST on 22/05/2017 on at Sydney Markets Limited of Level 3, Sydney Markets Plaza, Parramatta Road, Flemington NSW 2129. Entries will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter.
- Prize consists of one (1) Paddy’s Trolley (RRP = $15.00) and one (1) Paddy’s Markets Gift Voucher worth $50.00 (RRP = $50.00). Total RRP value of prizes = $260.00. All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Gift voucher prizes will be delivered to winners within 28 days of accepting the prize, subject to any delivery or processing delays. Winners will be notified of any delay.
- Winner(s) will be notified by a comment reply by the Promoter by 17.00 on 25/05/2017. Winners must then reply to this comment via private Facebook or Instragram message to the Sydney Markets page with their full name, date of birth, delivery address and contact number in order to accept the prize.
- If any prize remains unclaimed in accordance with clause 10 or is otherwise forfeited despite the Promoter making all reasonable efforts to notify the winner, the Promoter may deem any winner as ineligible to receive the prize. In that event, the Promoter will reconvene the judges on 25/08/2017 at the same time and place as the first judging in order to distribute any unclaimed prizes. The next most creative and unique entry, by the discretion of the judges, will be deemed the replacement winner.
- Replacement winner must then send a private Facebook or Instragram message to the Sydney Markets page in order to accept the prize.
Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, Facebook or Instagram glitches or technical malfunctions. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition.
- If any prize or any element of a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize or element of a prize of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant authorities. Winners will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the prize or element of a prize has been substituted at equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this competition.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
- In participating in this competition entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Instagram. Each entrant acknowledges that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram, and to the extent permitted by law, releases Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability in relation to this competition. Any queries, comments or complaints about this competition must be directed to the Promoter and not Facebook or Instagram.
- Facebook and Instagram entries will be deemed accepted at the time of transmission if all mandatory fields are completed. In any dispute relating to whether entries have been received or not will be determined by the Promoter, whose decision is final. Any entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be incomplete, inaccurate, underage, erroneous, ineligible, offensive, misleading, inappropriate or incomprehensible will be deemed invalid, as well as any entry that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entrants acknowledge that all content posted on Facebook must be in accordance with Facebook terms (http://www.facebook.com/terms.php).
- Entrants consent to the Promoter publishing their name and/or associated entry on the Promoter’s website and associated social media pages including Facebook or Instagram.
- Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, entrants agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right and licence to use and modify their entry for the purposes of the Promoter’s business without the payment of any further fee or compensation. The entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition to being awarded their prize. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry.
- Entrants further warrant and agree that:
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, politically incorrect, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, racist, ageist, sexist, objectionable with respect to religion, origin or gender, unsuitable for persons under the age of 18 years, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- all of the Content has been personally created by them, and does not breach any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights of any third party;
- they have full authority to grant the Promoter the rights referred to in these Terms & Conditions; and
- they will indemnify the Promoter against all loss, damage and liabilities arising from a breach of any of the warranties in these Terms & Conditions.
- Promoter may, in its sole discretion, determine whether any of the Content will be posted or remain posted on its websites. The Promoter reserves the right to vet or remove Content from its websites at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion (including if properly notified that such Content infringes any third party intellectual property rights). Notwithstanding any decision by the Promoter to post any of the Content on its websites, the terms and warranties set out in these Terms & Conditions continue to apply.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image, entry, and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter Sydney Markets Limited (ABN 51 077 119 290) of Level 3, Sydney Markets Plaza, Parramatta Road, Flemington NSW 2129.
Spice Fest Promotion
- Information on how to claim form part of these conditions. By participating, claimants agree to be bound by these conditions. Claims must comply with these conditions to be valid.
- Offer is open to residents of New South Wales who are 18 years and over. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with this offer are ineligible to claim a gift.
- The offer commences during the Paddy’s Markets Spice Festival. The Spice Festival will be held across four (4) days: claimants can enter between 11:00 AEST and 14:00 AEST on 12/05/2017 and 19/05/2017, and between 11:00 AEST and 15:00 AEST on 14/05/2017 and 21/05/2017 (“Offer Period”).
- To redeem a gift:
- visit Sydney Paddy’s Markets at Flemington and sign up to become a ‘Friends of Paddy’s’ member during the Offer Period to enter into this Promotion.
- Limit of one (1) gift applies per person. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- To redeem your gift, receive a Paddy’s trolley digital voucher once signed up by a member of staff and redeem trolley from the market office during the Offer Period.
- Gift consists of entry into Paddy’s Spice Festival and one (1) Paddy’s Trolley for use during the Promotional Period. (RRP = $15.00). Gifts are not redeemable for cash. There are 200 gifts available each day of the Offer; the first 200 people on each day of the Offer to sign up to become a ‘Friends of Paddy’s’ member will receive a gift. In this Offer, there are 800 gifts to be gifted.
- If any gift or any element of a gift becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a gift or element of a gift of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s sole discretion, subject to any written directions from the relevant authorities. Claimants will not be entitled to any additional compensation in the event that the gift or element of a gift has been substituted at equal or greater value.
- Claimants are responsible for the collection of the gift from the Sydney’s Paddy’s Markets at the time of purchase. The Promoter is not responsible for delivering gifts to claimants.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected mail or other communications.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any claimant as a result of the claimant accepting and/or using a gift, except for any loss, damage or injury which is due to the negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter or which otherwise cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter is The Promoter Sydney Markets Limited (ABN 51 077 119 290) of Level 3, Sydney Markets Plaza, Parramatta Road, Flemington NSW 2129.